We collect no personally identifiable user information for the use of delivering ads via Genius Monkey. Personally identifiable information is defined by the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB), which is a trade association for the Internet marketing industry, as “Information that can be traced back to a specific user and provide personal information such as name, address, phone number, etc.” Simply put, it’s the information about you that can identify you as a person, not just an anonymous profile.
We realize that the information that we receive from those that do direct business with us can be extremely confidential and often includes credit card data, FTP information and more. This information will be kept within our organization and will be given to staff solely on a need-to-know basis (for example, the programmer working on your site will need FTP access to your server).
We will only use your personal information for internal use and it will never under any circumstances be sold or shared with any third party organization for their marketing purposes.
We do not ask for any personally identifiable information on our wholly owned websites other than for the business purposes as specifically outlined.
- Genius Monkey neither collects, nor uses data regarding health conditions or treatments for ad targeting. Regarding our ad delivery abilities, every one of our profiles remains anonymous and relates to computers and mobile devices, not specific users.
- We use non-personally identifiable information for the purpose of displaying advertisements that are more likely to be relevant to users than what we would be able to display without the use of such information. For example, if we have non-personally identifiable information that a user recently searched for flat panel televisions, we may use that information to decide to display an ad for a new TV when that user requests a video on a Genius Monkey site. However, at no time do we know the name, address, phone number or other personal information of the user—the non-personally identifiable information we acquire relates only to the IP address and the recent activity of the web browser software to the extent that cookies are enabled in that software.
- We may also use non-personally identifiable information to determine whether to serve an advertisement to a user … and which advertisement to serve. For example, we may use a cookie to determine whether a particular ad has already been viewed by a user so that our server won’t deliver the same advertisement a second time. If an advertiser wants us to deliver a series of advertisements in a particular sequence, we may use a cookie to note that the first ad has been delivered to a particular user so our server knows to deliver the second ad in the series when that user next visits a Genius Monkey site.
- The Genius Monkey cookie is not detrimental to your computer in any way, nor does it reveal your identity to us. It isn’t spyware or adware. The general definition of spyware or adware is that of a software package installed on your computer for purposes of monitoring all your Internet or general computer activity. We install no software of any kind on your computer, and we don’t have the ability to monitor or track your general computer or overall Internet usage. Cookies can be easily avoided by opting out from them or by adjusting your browser settings. Cookies traditionally expire after 30 days, while data collected for advertising purposes is kept for no longer than 2 years.
- We may share information about our users with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to your information to carry out work on our behalf. We may also share information if we believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, to enforce applicable user agreements or policies and to protect Genius Monkey, our users or the public from harm or illegal activities.
- Since Genius Monkey collects no personal information from users across our network, we are not able to relate any non-personally identifiable information in our possession to any specific individual. We are therefore unable to respond to requests from a particular individual to delete any non-personally identifiable information regarding such an individual. Please consult your web browser’s “help” file or menu for instructions on how to delete any cookies that may be placed by Genius Monkey on your hard drive.
- We receive email addresses from people wishing to subscribe to our newsletter. These emails are kept confidential and are used for no other purpose than to send our newsletter and our own marketing to our subscribers.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.Opt-Out