Digital video marketing is a strategy that is oft times overlooked. When used in conjunction with a programmatic digital marketing platform, attention-getting videos are ideal for promoting products and services, and here’s why:
- A landing page that includes video makes it 53% more likely to show up on page one of the search engine results pages (SERP).
- 46% of users take action after viewing a video ad.
- An email with a video is 96% more likely to get a click-through.
- Blog posts incorporating videos attract 3x as many inbound links as those without video.
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
- An effective 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching a branded social video.
- Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a creative video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
- The average consumer spends 88% more time on a website with video.
These statistics show that marketers who don’t incorporate video into their programmatic platform are missing the opportunity to convert a sophisticated crowd.
This, in part, is because when video is done properly, it can enhance any search-engine marketing campaign by leaps and bounds.
Another advantage of video marketing is that your website visitors become involved with your site, and engaged with your content. Recent studies indicate that they will also spend 88% more time on your site if it includes video, and that viewers are more than 85% more likely to make a purchase after watching a product video.
People like doing business with brands that they know and trust. Videos are effective in getting your potential customers to connect with a human face or voice, as well as a personality. This allows emotions to be communicated through video in a much more powerful fashion than with text alone.
At Genius Monkey, we have accumulated a great deal of experience in the field of video marketing, so we are able to both understand, and anticipate, the needs of the brands and the consumers, alike. We match the two using our effective creative, along with our state-of-the-art programmatic targeting technology.
Anyone new to the video technology of today may question how to effectively measure ROI. It’s a different ballgame than measuring that of search, but similar in other ways. Both search and video shouldn’t depend solely on the last click attribution. In fact, an ad needn’t be clicked on in order for it to be effective.
As a case in point, someone may spot your digital pre-roll ad for a lawnmower while watching videos on Vimeo, and decide later that day to make a purchase. These conversions are called “view-through conversions,” and they must be accounted for in order to accurately determine the ROI of your video campaign. In addition, just like you define the difference between a click on a banner ad and a click on social when someone “likes” something, it’s essential to attack it in the same fashion when comparing different video destinations. One “site” does not fit all!